- posted: November 09 @ 9:15pm
in the interest of making my life more difficult, i began a thoroughly complicated project:
1) went to a thrift store, searched through the box of mostly poor quality or broken point and shoot cameras. found one with a partial roll of film in it and fortunately, a self timer.
2) went back through the box of mostly poor quality or broken point and shoot cameras to find a camera that had a working photo battery to put into the camera that had the film.
3) found the amazing painting of two dogs*. set the camera on a shelf, took the self timer-activated photo.
4) bought the camera, not knowing if the film was any good or the camera had not been opened and the film exposed**. according to the frame counter, 6 photos had already been taken, and i took two more. i rewound the film, removed it, managed to pull out the film leader from inside the canister, reinserted the film into another camera. i forwarded roughly 9 frames, finished the roll.
5) took the film in for developing. it was E-6 slide film, so i had it cross-processed.
6) picked up the developed & scanned film. film was good, first 5 photos were an anonymous family at an Oakland A's baseball game. the next two were the photos i took in the thrift store, holding the dog painting. the frames were overlapped and double exposed, and the frame registration was off. this is one of those photos. the other photo had massive light leaks. more to come from this roll later in the week.
* i almost bought the dog painting, but in the end i passed on it.
** i attempted this project twice. i shot a whole roll from another roll of found film. it all came out blank. many hours were wasted, and frustration ensued.